A month after the original date estimate for loading Jupiter, we continue to wait in Fort Lauderdale. The adventure continues, but not yet at sea! Crew has decamped to a nearby hotel as most onboard systems are shut-down, and the entire vessel is taped up like a mariner’s mummy. Our freighter, Star Lofoten, finally arrived yesterday at first light, and commenced loading. However, during the afternoon tornadoes tore through the city and port, then drifted offshore to become water-spouts at sea. This completely halted loading until this morning, leaving us with a newly-scheduled estimate of 6:30pm this evening. Maybe…
- 13 – Number of loading delays to date.
- 9 – Number of nights waiting in Fort Lauderdale.
- 6 – Number of airline reservations made and cancelled.
- 5 – Number of rolls of Sealing Tape utilized onboard.
- 2 – Number of tornadoes affecting loading.
Thankfully you are safe !
This journey is clearly giving you things to blog about!