Here’s our scenic route through the San Juan Islands from Roche Harbor to Bellingham.
Bellingham, known for its Arts and Crafts style bungalows, is a well preserved, post-industrial port city that has reinvented itself as a burgeoning marine center and college town.
NW Explorations, founded by the inimitable Brian Pemberton, offers expert yacht maintenance, an extensive charter fleet, captain and crew training, and often leads flotillas of vessels to the wilds of British Columbia and Alaska. Discussions with Brian about moving our vessel to these waters began two years ago.
Jupiter is tied up at NW Explorations’ excellent facility for a few days to accomplish several maintenance and repair items including:
- 2500 hour Caterpillar engine service
- 3000 hour generator service
- Repair of a Garmin electronics glitch
- General engine room inspection
- Installation of two kayaks and a stern-tie line system
- Removal of remaining stains from the Star Lofoten
Thank you for yet another fine and interesting report.
Spiffy kayaks!! Have they been christened yet?
Not yet, but we’d hope to use them a lot! They are getting snug racks built for them this week.